FULL TEXT OF DISTINGUISHED SENATOR MAGNUS NGEI ABE'S SPEECH ON THE OCCASION OF NDPM's SOLIDARITY VISIT TO HIM
Ladies and gentlemen, let me very sincerely welcome you to my humble home. I am always very happy to see young people taking an interest in what is going on around them. People always think of progress in terms of big events, but progress is actually a culmination of little things that everybody is doing. Where everybody is doing little things and those little things are negative, the society moves backwards. Where everybody is struggling to do positive things, however little, every little step counts in moving the society forward.
The cataclysmic events, the big men taking decisions to move the world in one direction or the other is important, but ultimately, those things don't decide in which direction the world would move. It is the little things that are done by everybody that overcome the big things that people try to do. So when I see young people take an interest in their environment, take active part in what is happening around you, make effort to move the world in the direction in which you believe that world ought to go, I always feel elated, happy, confident and hopeful that because people like you exist and you're doing the little things that you're doing, tomorrow will promise to be better than today. So I thank you and I commend you, and to say to you that even in a normal society where everybody understands what doing the right thing is, doing the right thing there is not easy.
In the Nigerian society, good and bad, evil and good, everything has become mixed up and people are not even sure of what is the right thing to do; trying to do good in this our society has become doubly challenging than it could be in other places, and people tend to become easily discouraged from doing the right thing. They don't believe that it pays, they believe that those who're prospering and making progress in our kind of Society and all that becomes a disincentive to tell people to do the right thing. But I believe very strongly that no matter what temporary things may look like, the efforts that we make in trying to do things right, not one single effort, not one single sacrifice that we make will ever be lost. So, no matter how it will look like, do not be discouraged.
I have a friend, a very upright man who lamented over his sacrifices for Nigeria and how he had gotten nothing in return. I told him not to be discouraged, no good thing that anybody does is ever lost on this earth. I don't believe it, I've never believed it. And today, by the grace of God, he's seeing that the things I told him work out that way a lot of time.
So I just want to thank you people for the support that you're giving to me, most importantly for the sacrifices that you're making in trying to move the society forward. Do not be discouraged, no matter how difficult it looks. Sometimes, people always think that the more good you do, the more punishment they give you. Don't be discouraged by all that. Be confident that at the end of the day, God who rewards will reward you even more than you may have anticipated.
I need quite a whole lot of help because I just found out that the government is actually sponsoring groups of people to attack me on the internet. It's an old trick that we know, and they don't understand that we enjoy goodwill so I don't have to pay people to defend me or say nice things about me. So I can get triple the value they are getting with zero the investment that they're making, and all that is because of people like you that I do not give anything to, I didn't solicit you in any way, but just because you feel you should help us and support us.
So please, dont be discouraged. I need your help. I value it and we'll keep in touch so that we can improve what you've been doing particularly this period leading up to elections holding on the 27th of August as I suspect. We should also know that the attacks leading to that period would be even more vicious than it has been before, and they'll come up with all sorts of things to try to discredit us and damage our credibility with the people. So it will fall on you people to do what you can to help us at that point and defend us.
At the end of the day, the assurance I want to give all of you is that, by the grace of God, we are going to be successful. Everything has its time and when the time has come, things just fall into place. There's nothing you do that can change it. The more you fight it, the more foolish you look. And it is clear that the time for Senator Abe and the APC Candidates in Rivers State to return to office is now, and there's nothing anybody can do about it. That is the will of God.
I thank you all very much. It is my prayer and my hope that our partnership will grow from strength to strength. Thank you very much!
NIGER DELTA PEOPLE'S MOVEMENT
The cataclysmic events, the big men taking decisions to move the world in one direction or the other is important, but ultimately, those things don't decide in which direction the world would move. It is the little things that are done by everybody that overcome the big things that people try to do. So when I see young people take an interest in their environment, take active part in what is happening around you, make effort to move the world in the direction in which you believe that world ought to go, I always feel elated, happy, confident and hopeful that because people like you exist and you're doing the little things that you're doing, tomorrow will promise to be better than today. So I thank you and I commend you, and to say to you that even in a normal society where everybody understands what doing the right thing is, doing the right thing there is not easy.
In the Nigerian society, good and bad, evil and good, everything has become mixed up and people are not even sure of what is the right thing to do; trying to do good in this our society has become doubly challenging than it could be in other places, and people tend to become easily discouraged from doing the right thing. They don't believe that it pays, they believe that those who're prospering and making progress in our kind of Society and all that becomes a disincentive to tell people to do the right thing. But I believe very strongly that no matter what temporary things may look like, the efforts that we make in trying to do things right, not one single effort, not one single sacrifice that we make will ever be lost. So, no matter how it will look like, do not be discouraged.
I have a friend, a very upright man who lamented over his sacrifices for Nigeria and how he had gotten nothing in return. I told him not to be discouraged, no good thing that anybody does is ever lost on this earth. I don't believe it, I've never believed it. And today, by the grace of God, he's seeing that the things I told him work out that way a lot of time.
So I just want to thank you people for the support that you're giving to me, most importantly for the sacrifices that you're making in trying to move the society forward. Do not be discouraged, no matter how difficult it looks. Sometimes, people always think that the more good you do, the more punishment they give you. Don't be discouraged by all that. Be confident that at the end of the day, God who rewards will reward you even more than you may have anticipated.
I need quite a whole lot of help because I just found out that the government is actually sponsoring groups of people to attack me on the internet. It's an old trick that we know, and they don't understand that we enjoy goodwill so I don't have to pay people to defend me or say nice things about me. So I can get triple the value they are getting with zero the investment that they're making, and all that is because of people like you that I do not give anything to, I didn't solicit you in any way, but just because you feel you should help us and support us.
So please, dont be discouraged. I need your help. I value it and we'll keep in touch so that we can improve what you've been doing particularly this period leading up to elections holding on the 27th of August as I suspect. We should also know that the attacks leading to that period would be even more vicious than it has been before, and they'll come up with all sorts of things to try to discredit us and damage our credibility with the people. So it will fall on you people to do what you can to help us at that point and defend us.
At the end of the day, the assurance I want to give all of you is that, by the grace of God, we are going to be successful. Everything has its time and when the time has come, things just fall into place. There's nothing you do that can change it. The more you fight it, the more foolish you look. And it is clear that the time for Senator Abe and the APC Candidates in Rivers State to return to office is now, and there's nothing anybody can do about it. That is the will of God.
I thank you all very much. It is my prayer and my hope that our partnership will grow from strength to strength. Thank you very much!
NIGER DELTA PEOPLE'S MOVEMENT

Comments
Post a Comment